Want to spend your days surrounded by some of Erie’s most passionate, friendliest, and smartest people? Do you enjoy being organized and considerate of others? Do you appreciate efficiency and like spotting problems before they become an issue? Do you want responsibilities that you can be proud of and are you proud when you can make someone’s day better? Are you thirsty for knowledge about all kinds of seemingly unrelated things and does being around other excited people excite you?
At Radius, we empower people to get work done and have fun doing it. Our community members work in a wide variety of industries, often at the intersection of tech, creative arts, and making Erie a better city for all its residents.
And we’re looking for new people to join our team!
- A self-starter? We want someone who’s going to look for things that need doing and do them. Someone who’s going to spot problems, and then find ways to fix them.
- A people person? Every day you’ll meet new people, learn about who they are, what they do, and how to support them. You’ll help new members join and get comfortable. You’ll be a go-to resource for people with ideas and questions throughout the day. You won’t need to know everything, just be comfortable finding someone with the answer. You’ll also give visitors and members tours of the space, get them acquainted with one another, and acclimate them to what coworking is all about.
- An organized person? Every day at Radius is a little bit different. Some days are A LOT different. There are a handful of routine daily tasks, but the unexpected happens constantly. You’ll need to be able to plan out your own schedule and adapt to new priorities.
- A good communicator? Written and spoken communication is essential. 90% of the work we do at Radius is talking with people, listening, and understanding…and then working together to put good ideas into action.
- Trying to figure out what you really want to do? Radius is a place for driven people, but you’re probably still working out where you want to go. Perfect. This role is designed to help you get to your next thing – whatever you decide that thing is. You’ll be balancing your work on behalf of Radius with work you’re doing for yourself.
- Comfortable with responsibility? Radius is Erie’s largest coworking community. We have a voice in the city and we need to respect that responsibility. You may be asked to weigh in on important questions because you’ll have a valuable perspective. You don’t need to be ready for the evening news, but we hope you’re excited to step up to represent the people who will become your peers.
What’s working at Radius like?
Working at Radius will help you learn and develop valuable professional skills. You’ll have a chance to gain experience in operations & management, communications & community building, and business & civic engagement. You’ll learn about how people get work done in dozens of different work styles.
Yes, you will have a checklist of operational tasks that you’ll need to do every day, but every day at Radius is a little bit different, so you’ll have unique opportunities and challenges to tackle. It’s never boring.
You’ll also have the freedom to make Radius better every day and see your ideas come to fruition.
But the big difference between working for Radius and working anywhere else is that you’re expected to explore the many ways that our community members work—how they use their skills, creativity, curiosity, interests, and discipline to get paid.
Our ideal team-mate is someone who wants to do their own thing their own way – just like other members of Radius – but they aren’t quite sure how to get there on their own.
So, ask yourself: “What do I want to do next?”
If your answer is “I’m not entirely sure, but I’m driven, and I’m pretty sure that Radius is where I want to work while I figure out what I really want to do,” then you should definitely apply.
- This is a paid position.
- We are looking for two people, Monday – Friday, to split opening/closing shifts with overlap in the middle of the day. Part-time applications will be considered.
- We have no minimum requirements in education or industry experience.
- We have minimum requirements of: passion for the City of Erie, an understanding of the values and virtues of our community, and a delight in helping people connect & create.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core to our values. We warmly welcome applications from people of all gender and sexual identities; racial and ethnic backgrounds; experiences and education levels. We encourage everyone to look up “Radius CoWork” and learn about us before applying.
The Application Period has Closed!
P.S. If you know someone who you think would love this kind of work, please share this post! Thanks!